||2+4 upto 16+76
||1st Generation Terminals (Brown/Brown, Grey/Grey or Grey/Orange)
Tele 4/SA20012 8 button Terminal.
Tele 4/SA20014 8 button Powerfail Terminal.
Tele 3/SA20012 26 button Terminal.
Tele 3/SA20014 26 button Powerfail Terminal.
Tele 2/SA20561 Improved 8 button Terminal with Monitor.
Tele 2/SA20563 Inproved 8 button Terminal with Handsfree.
2nd Generation Terminals (Brown, Stone or Grey)
TX54A Operator Console with monitor and LCD Display.
TX55A 7 button Terminal with monitor.
TX56A 7 button Terminal with Handsfree.
TX57A 18 button Terminal with Handsfree.
TX58A 18 button Terminal with Handsfree and LCD Display.
3rd Generation Terminals (Light Grey)
TX65A 8 button Terminal with monitor
TX66A 8 button Terminal with Handsfree.
TX68A 16 button Terminal with Handsfree and LCD Display.
TX69 Key module with 24 buttons PENTARA PLUS ONLY.
||MF/LD with Earth Recall (LD only on Herald A/B5)MF Requires DTMF Option Card
|Music On Hold
||B8/Pentara/Pentara Plus only
Internal with MOH Option Card
External from any approved source
||All systems - External via third party add-ons (line or extn port)
B8/Pentara/Pentara Plus - Internal from terminals with Broadcast Option Card.
||B5 from Processor card
B8/Pentara/Pentara Plus require Call Logging Card
||All systems programmed from computer but software required is unavailable
B8/Pentara/Pentara Plus can have MOST features programmed from master Terminal.
|Extension Wiring for a Feature Phone using Secondary Line Jack (2/3A)
|Extension Wiring for a Standard Telephone using Master Line Jack (2/1A)
|Suitability for Domestic Use
Reliable phone systems which is easily available secondhand.
Equipment shelves are quite large and heavy.
Connection boxes occupy quite a bit of wall space.
Can be configured for MF working with Feature Phones.
AVOID HERALD A/B5 SYSTEMS as you will be unable to reprogramme them !!!
B8/Pentara/Pentara Plus Systems.
- 1A1/SA20006 (Yellow Handle) 4 port Extension Card.
- 1A1/SA20008 (Blue Handle) 2 port Exchange Line Card with Powerfail.
- 1A1/SA20557 (Yellow/Red Handle) 4 port Display Extension Card.
- 1A1/SA20558 (Blue/Orange Handle) 2 Port Full Facility Exchange Line card with Music on Hold.
Other cards you may find in secondhand systems.
- 1A1/SA20556 (Brown/Red Handle) 8 Port 2 wire (ordinary telephone) Extension Card.
- 1A1/SA20559 (Blue/Red Handle) 4 port Compact Exchange Line Card without Powerfail.
- 1A1/SA20572 (Black/Red Handle) Call Logging Card.
- 1A1/SA20565 (Clear/Black Handle) Options Motherboard houses upto 3 daughterboards.
- 1A1/SA20566 MF4 Option Card contains 2 DTMF receivers.
- 1A1/SA20567 Speech Synthesis Option Card "tells" you what your buttons do!
- 1A1/SA20568 Music On Hold Option Card
- 1A1/SA20571 Broadcast Option Card required for internal paging.
The Inter PBX cards listed above are quite common but of little or no use in a domestic environment. I have NEVER seen an external conference card in any of the hundreds of Pentara's I have worked on!! The modem card will be found in many Pentara's and all Pentara Plus's but can only be used for remote programming of the system and as the software is unavailable, this card is effectively useless.
- 1A1/SA20010 (Orange Handle) SSDC5/SSDC10 Inter PBX Card.
- 1A1/SA20555 (Orange/Red Handle) SSAC15C Inter PBX Card.
- 1A1/SA20011 (Grey Handle) External Conference Card.
- 1A1/SA20569 Modem Option Card.